Welcome! This is the blog from Kevin Kubota (me) and Kubota Image Tools (our company). Our mission is to empower photographers, share knowledge, and find ways to make the world a better place. Thanks for joining in!
We are doing a very special photography workshop in Thailand this fall! I've led workshops all over the world, but this one is particularly unique. Why? Because we'll give our talents to one of the most important causes in the world, with some of the most caring people in the world, in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Join the Workshops With Purpose instructor team in Thailand this November.
This workshop is designed for photographers to learn to use their talents to directly assist local service agencies who are creating positive change around the human trafficking situation in Thailand. You'll be guided by photography educators, experienced in world-travel and service work in 3rd world countries. You'll learn while actively donating your photography services to the local agencies that serve Thailand. We'll experience some of the challenges facing Thailand, but not without appreciating its immense beauty, rich culture, and warmhearted people. Oh yah, then there's the food. Wow.
November 1-12, 2017 (Participants will need to arrive in Bangkok, Thailand by the 1st)
Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Chiang Rai
WWP will be working with HUG Project and The Freedom Story. HUG Project is located in Chiang Mai and “exists to prevent, protect, and restore children from human trafficking, exploitation, and abuse.” The Freedom Story is located in Chiang Rai and works to “prevent child trafficking and exploitation through scholarships, mentorship, and resources for at-risk children.”
Benjamin Edwards, Kevin Kubota, and Andrew and Marianne Nicodem
WORKSHOPS WITH PURPOSE GOALS:
The WWP team will adventure to Thailand in pursuit of learning and loving as we explore a new culture, hear from those creating positive change, and give back with our photography. The photography we capture will allow HUG Project and The Freedom Story to further promote and educate others about the important work they are doing. During our workshop time, we will cover the latest workflow techniques, efficient editing in Lightroom, troubleshooting while photographing on-site, off-camera lighting, and the legalities of working with nonprofits. We’ll discuss how we can use our talents and passions to inspire and give back to the world around us.
Day 1 (11/1/17)
· Team arrives in Bangkok.
· Group Introductions. Meet organization leaders in Bangkok who are doing their part to fight against human trafficking. Dinner at a surprise restaurant that is delicious and fun!
· Fly to Chiang Mai.
· Explore Chiang Mai - massages, amazing food, markets, lantern festival, etc.
· Team meeting and class time.
· Lantern Festival.
· Work with HUG Project, which “exists to prevent, protect, and restore children from human trafficking, exploitation, and abuse”
· Evening visit to the night markets, last day of lantern festival.
· Work with HUG project.
· Chiang Mai sightseeing.
· Travel to Chiang Rai.
· Explore Chiang Rai - markets, temples, more amazing food.
· Work with The Freedom Story, which “prevents child trafficking & exploitation through scholarships, mentorship, & resources for at-risk children”
· Work with The Freedom Story.
· Evening sightseeing.
· Team prepares images for HUG and The Freedom Story.
· More Chiang Rai sightseeing.
· Visit the picturesque Anantara resort and elephant sanctuary for elephant experience and amazing lunch.
· Closing team dinner.
Day 12 (11/12/17)
· Fly back to Bangkok to fly home, or explore other parts of Thailand!
$3995. This investment covers most meals, transportation (including two in-country flights), and accommidations while in Thailand. This also covers group adventures, translators, instructors, and financial donations to HUG Project and The Freedom Story. Attendees are responsible for their flights to and from Bangkok. Sign up now.
Payments will be made to The Freedom Story, which is a 501(c)(3). This is tax-deductible.
There are only 12 spots available for this workshop! Please let us know as soon as possible if you'd like to apply to join WWP in Thailand 2017! We're so grateful for your interest in Workshops with Purpose, and hope you'll join us on this life changing journey! Get more info here.
RESOURCES TO CHECK OUT:
WWP Bolivia Highlight Video
WWP Kenya Highlight Video
Drone Footage of where we'll be going in Thailand
Ben's reflections on WWP Bolivia
Holli's experience at WWP Bolivia
Hadassah's experience at WWP Bolivia
Resource Magazine "Kijabe Project - How 10 Photographers Changed their World"
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Can't wait to hear from you!
Kevin & Clare Kubota & the WWP team