Welcome! This is the blog from Kevin Kubota (me) and Kubota Image Tools (our company). Our mission is to empower photographers, share knowledge, and find ways to make the world a better place. Thanks for joining in!
After several requests we’ve decided to extend the deadline to submit your Photographer’s Ignite presentation idea to Monday, February 1st. That gives you all weekend to put together something really great. Share your passion, unique business tip, how you got through a tough time, or any other story that you feel might bring joy, inspiration, or touch someones heart in a positive way.
Photographers Ignite is a fun, fast-paced style of presentation that I started, and have been hosting, at WPPI for several years. It is always a big hit and one of the most popular and talked-about events at WPPI. The 90-minute event showcases 12 different speakers. Each person does a 5-minute presentation, set to 20 slides that AUTO advance every 15 seconds. You do have to practice, but it is also one of the best ways to learn to consolidate your thoughts and deliver a powerful message with a lasting impression on your audience.
If fame and inspiring your peers aren't enough, then maybe the speaker goodie bags, filled with hundreds of dollars worth of cool stuff from our partners and sponsors will entice you!
If you don’t have an idea for this year, but want to hear some great presentations be sure to join us at WPPI on Thursday, March 10th at 10am.
Most 90-minute platform classes could honestly be condensed into 5 minutes of solid information anyway, so why not be a part of Ignite – A.K.A. the Cliff Notes, or Twitter, of photography presentations!
Not going to WPPI this year? You can still view the recorded presentations at PhotographersIgnite.com. Past years are for your viewing pleasure right now.
To be a speaker at Photographers Ignite:
- Create a simple one-minute video of yourself explaining what your Ignite topic will be and showing us some of your personality! (this will only be used for speaker selection)
- Submit the video here by 1PM PDT on 2/1/16 1/29/16
- Our team will review all the submissions and select speakers based on uniqueness of subject and fit with the overall speaker lineup
- Mark your calendar for Thursday, March 10th at 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Go to WPPI 2016 in Las Vegas this March
- Bring your energy and excitement to support the speakers!
To watch Ignite if you are unable to attend:
- You can still view the recorded presentations at here. Past years are for your viewing pleasure right now.