Wedding & Portrait Photographers International is hosting its annual convention February 27- March 6, 2014, and trade show March 3-5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. This is the photography industry’s destination for inspiration, knowledge, and networking. Make the most of your WPPI experience and save a few bucks too with these top 10 tips:
1) If you want to have your voice by day three of the show, stay Hydrated! To save money bring your own water bottle so you can fill up at drinking fountains. Our favorite water bottles are Hydroflasks. These are from a company based in Bend, OR, we love them . We will be packing ours!
2) Bring comfortable shoes. We know you want to rock your most stylish duds in Vegas, but figure out how to make it work with some sneakers or flip-flops.
3) Pack snacks in your suitcase. Vegas can be expensive. You don't want hunger pangs to cause you to run out of an awesome master class in search of a $5 apple.
4) Use the Las Vegas Monorail to explore the city and save on cab fare
5) There is a CVS drug store right on the strip. Great for gathering snacks, toiletries, meds, and cheap souvenirs.
6) Grab a good deal on Vegas Show Tickets, meals, and more on LivingSocial.com
7) Need a new outfit on the fly but don’t want to spend all of your Jackpot winnings? There is a Ross on the strip too. When you accidently forget your comfy shoes, you will need to know this.
8) If your room has a fridge, Safeway grocery store delivers groceries to your room for free. Get a promo code here:
9) Want to save money on an adult beverage? Put $1 in the nickel slots and play very slowly until they bring you a drink. Don’t forget to tip.
These tips are strictly the opinion of Kathryn Osborne. This post has no way been sponsored. No gifts, money, or products have been traded for this post (although they would be greatly appreciated).
Want to WIN a Full Conference Pass to WPPI? Leave a comment with your best Vegas Tip and we will pick a winner at noon PST on February 17th, 2014!